How To Win:
1: Download Entry Form Click Here
2. Read the Essay Instructions below
3: Write your Essay
4. Fill out and sign Entry Form with the help of your parent or guardian
5. Email in both completed Entry Form and Essay: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st: 10’ ANDROID TABLET
2nd: $100 JB Hi-Fi VOUCHER
3rd: $50 ROTARY CLUB SHOP VOUCHER
Essay Competition. What does “Peace” mean to you?
To raise awareness in children of the concepts of peace and its opposite, and how this starts within oneself, and can then expand to one’s home, school environment, community and the world.
School Level: Grades 5/6
Word limit: 500 maximum
Format: Typed in Arial or Times New Roman font, minimum size 10.
(Handwritten submissions acceptable only if they are clearly legible).
Start date of competition: Monday, 21 September, 2020
Due date of essay: Monday, 30th November, 2020
Questions to stimulate thought:
In your understanding,
What is the meaning of peace?
What is the opposite of peace?
Peace can be internal or external.
What does peace mean to you internally?
What factors can disrupt internal peace?
Is there peace in your surroundings – home, school, community, world?
If not, what disturbs the peace?
Peace can be created.
What steps can you take, what can you do to bring peace
In your home
In the community
In the world
How could other people or organisations help towards this?
Terms and Conditions:
1) Students enrolled in Grade 5 or 6 any Australian school are eligible to enter the competition. Those in schools outside of Australia will not be eligible;
2) Entry is free. However, a donation to one of the projects run by the Rotary Club of Wydham Harbour would be welcome;
3) Each entry has to be accompanied with a completed and signed Peace Essay Entry Form;
4) Only one entry is allowed per person;
5) Essays should preferably be typed in an Arial, Calibri or Times New Roman font, with a minimum font size of 10;
6) Hand-written essays will be acceptable, provided they are clearly legible. If not, they may be disqualified;
7) The essay needs to be written entirely by the entrant without assistance from others;
8) Winners will be decided by the Rotary Club of Wyndham Harbour, and will be mainly based on community votes. Details on how to vote will be announced later. The decisions made are final and will not be open for negotiation.