To raise awareness in children of peace in their environment, their community – what leads to a peaceful community, what can disrupt it and ideas about how peace could be reinstated.
School Level: Grades 5/6 Word limit: 500 maximum
Format: Typed in Arial or Times New Roman font size 12.
Start of Competition: Monday 19 July 2021
Final submission date of essay: Friday 13 August, 2021
Winners announced on: 21 September 2021 (International Day of Peace)
Questions to stimulate thought:
Criteria for assessment of essays: 2021
1) Students enrolled in Grade 5 or 6 in any Australian school are eligible to enter the competition.
2) Entry is free.
3) Each entry has to be accompanied by a completed and signed Peace Essay Entry Form.
4) Only one entry is allowed per person.
5) The essay is to be original and written entirely by the entrant.
6) Entries are to be sent as an attachment in MS WORD, in Arial or Times Roman font, size 12.
7) The upper word limit is 500 words maximum.
8) Winners will be decided by a panel of judges appointed by the Rotary Club of Wyndham Harbour. The decisions made by the judges are final and will not be open for negotiation.
9) The essays (and author names) may be displayed online for viewing by other entrants, parents/guardians, school staff and members of the public.
10) Photos of winners and/or other entrants may be taken and utilised by Rotary for publicity purposes in the future.