Around 300,000 women and 3 million newborns die each year from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth. Most of these deaths occur in developing countries.
- We see the beauty in the everyone
- Around the world mothers and babies are dying needlessly
- Infection during delivery is the leading cause of death
- Often in unclean conditions that cause a deadly infection
- With this project, we can help pregnant women survive
- Together we provide 200 birthing kits to the most vulnerable
- We stand by our sisters in need.
The Solution - Assembly and gifting out 200 birthing kits to women in developing nations in partnership with Birthing Kit Foundation.
$5 is all it costs for one birthing kit which contains a birthing sheet, gloves, soap, gauze, cords and a scalpel blade.
Just one Assembly Day will ensure over 200 kits are delivered to women facing the most challenging of circumstances, reducing the number of mother and infant mortalities during childbirth.
Birthing Kits are an internationally accepted intervention to support a clean birth. Each item in the Birthing Kit Foundation Australia (BKFA) Birthing Kit works to reduce infections at key high-risk moments of care during labour, birth and immediately post-birth for the mother, newborn and birth attendant. For more information visit www.bkfa.org.au
Please Join the Rotary Club of Wyndham Harbour for a Birthing Kit Assembly Day.
Location details coming soon.